Currently I am employed as a Cloud Engineer at Canstar, Brisbane. Here I am responsible for our Cloud technologies, as well as our automation
tools and processes. I tend to work closely and embed myself within development tribes to ensure products being developed follow security best practices,
cloud best practices and are as automated as much as possible.
Although I mainly focus on the operational side of technology, I am highly experienced in development practices and tools. My skills as a DevOps engineering complement my skills as a developer by allowing me to seemingly embed myself in development tribes when needed.
Outside of work you’ll often find me camping or 4x4ing. I find it’s often needed to put my computer aside and explore the outdoors with my friends and family.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Cloud security, DevSecOps
- System adminsitration
- Solutions architecture
- Third part technologies (New Relic, Sumo Logic etc)
- Jenkins Pipeines
- Packer by Hashicorp
Queensland University of Technology,Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Software Systems)
With Honours [In progress]
Aditya Vineet. Cloud Engineer at Canstar.
Luke has an unique mix of excellent problem solving ability and skill set. He is very operational focused and has innovative continuous improvement ideas in his mind all the time. It is an absolute pleasure to work under his direct influence. He is an able mentor with a lot of patience. He would definitely be a great asset for any company he works for.
Ken Reddy. Chief Information Officer at Canstar.
Luke was a legend, he came on as a grad and quickly made an impact, he took it upon himself to get his AWS certification and was always his direct line manager’s choice to work on projects with exec exposure because she knew he would represent the team well and get the job done.
Kimberley Manning. Site Reliability Engineer Manager at Canstar.
Luke joined my team as a graduate but quickly became a core member of the SRE team at Canstar during a period of rapid growth. He threw himself into absorbing all he could about AWS & cloud engineering, and it was great to have someone on my team who was so invested in continuing to learn, grow from feedback, and improve our systems. Luke was happy to take on many different projects and one of his greatest strengths was his ability to work with people from across the business, translating business requirements into technical solutions. He was a great asset to our team.
AAM Group,DevOps Consultant
November 2020 - Present
- Implenting continous delivery and continous integration.
- Conducting cloud archtiecture reviews for clients and internal bodies.
- Liasing and consulting
November 2019 - November 2020
- I was responsible for the continuous delivery at Canstar. In addition to this, I am responding to re-architecting and developing a new, highly-available Jenkins service.
- Doing this involves using tools such as Python, Jenkins pipeline, infrastructure as code, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Responsible for managing support tickets that come through from developers, as well as maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Often embed myself in development tribes assisting with the development of services, making sure services are compliant and follow best practices.
Auto & General,DevOps Engineer
July 2019 - November 2019
- After identifying vulnerabilities in microservices, I was responsible for re-architecting the pipeline and security of these services using Jenkins, Python, Ansible and Docker.
- Naturally this required a lot of soft skills such as stakeholder management and resource management.
- Responsible for maintaining Cloud infrastructure.
Canstar,Site Reliability Engineer
February 2018 - July 2019
- Responsible for maintaining Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Role was heavily support focussed, executing operational tickets that came in.
- Guiding and supporting new technological implementations across multiple departments.
Vodafone,Business Sales Specialist
September 2016 - February 2018
- Leading and driving sales associates to reach targets.
- Maintaining and creating rapport with business account holders.
- Very customer-focussed role.
Australia United EnergyJunior Developer
May 2015 - August 2016
- Supporting more senior developers .
- Since this is a startup we did a lot of full-stack development.
- Designed and implemented ordering service which clients used to place orders for products, assisted heavily by senior devs.
Masters Home ImprovementElecrtical Sales Associate
May 2015 - August 2016
Forestdale BakeryBread & Pastry Baker
May 2015 - August 2016
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
+61 420 360 460
Lets get in touch. Send me a message.